Los Angeles Hotel Accident Injury Lawyer
Los Angeles offers more than 98,600 hotel rooms in over 1,000 hotels, making it the sixth-largest hotel market in the U.S. Most hotels are conveniently located near shopping, attractions, amusement parks, and public transportation. There are accommodations for every budget, from the most affordable to the most luxurious.
When you stay at a hotel or resort in Los Angeles, Woodland Hills, or any of the surrounding communities, the last thing on your mind is the potential for injury. Property management is supposed to ensure that all visitors and guests are safe and that the property is well-maintained. While these requirements are reasonable, accidents still happen, and when they do, the hotel owners can be held accountable. If you’ve been injured, speak to a hotel accident injury lawyer at Moaddel Kremer & Gerome LLP right away.
Examples of Accidents Due to Hotel Negligence
There are a variety of situations in which guests can sue hotels and resorts. California law requires hotels and resorts to keep their premises reasonably safe, and they can be held liable when they fail to do so. Injured guests can seek just compensation for the following issues with the help of a Los Angeles hotel injury lawyer:
- Slips or Trips and Falls: Dangerous floor conditions, such as slippery tiles, cracked walkways, and bunched carpets, can cause you to slip or trip and fall. When fixtures like potted plants and furniture are arranged haphazardly in unusual or difficult-to-see locations, they can create a trip hazard. Even a lack of proper lighting can cause you to slip in or trip over unseen hazards and suffer serious injuries.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Swimming pool hazards, such as slippery decks and improperly maintained water slides, can lead to serious injuries and even wrongful death. If the water is deceptively shallow, any guests who dive in risk neck and spinal cord injuries.
- Negligent Security: Hotels in California typically have large grounds that include parking lots, restaurants, businesses, and conference areas. Violent crimes such as assault and battery can occur when these various areas are poorly lit or lack sufficient security measures.
- Malfunctioning Elevators or Escalators: People can suffer serious injuries, including broken bones and head trauma, when elevators and escalators fail.
- Parking Lot Accidents: Parking lot issues such as inadequate signage, lighting, or crosswalk markings can cause car crashes and pedestrian injuries. A hotel valet or other employee, such as a shuttle driver, can drive in a negligent manner, resulting in a car accident involving a vehicle or pedestrian.
- Alcohol-Related Accidents: Many hotel bars over-serve intoxicated guests who later start fights or cause car accidents that injure others.
- Sporting Equipment Injuries: Many large hotels, especially those near beaches, offer sporting activities like boat rentals, jet skis, scuba diving, and gyms. When these operations and their equipment are not managed properly, serious injuries can result.
- Amusement Park Accidents: Some hotels are connected to and associated with theme parks and outdoor amusements. If you are injured by a defective ride or negligent park employee, an amusement park accident attorney can help you determine liability.
- Construction Accidents: In many hotels, major renovations are conducted without shutting down operations. In this situation, heavy equipment or hazardous materials, such as broken concrete blocks and exposed rebar, may cause injuries.
Common Types Of Injuries From a Los Angeles Hotel Accident
Years of experience have enabled us to see a variety of injuries sustained in these types of accidents. Among the most common injuries our clients have suffered are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Sprains and broken bones
- Neck Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
- Emotional distress
- Psychological trauma
This is not an exhaustive list and each accident is different. Regardless of the damages, you are entitled to be compensated for them and a hotel accident lawyer in LA can help you prepare, file, and pursue a claim for the financial recovery you need.
Do You File a Premises Liability or Personal Injury Claim Against the Hotel?
Premises liability law forms the basis of most claims against hotels and resorts. According to this law, property owners must maintain the safety of their premises for visitors and guests. An attorney can assist you in filing a premises liability claim if you were injured after slipping or tripping, if an elevator malfunctioned, or if you were injured in any other way on a hotel or resort property.
There is also the possibility of filing a personal injury lawsuit. For example, If a hotel employee or drunk guest assaults you, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against them for any resulting injuries.
No matter what type of claim you have, you are entitled to full compensation for your injuries, and an experienced Los Angeles hotel injury lawyer can assist you. Using our decades of experience, the personal injury lawyers at Moaddel Kremer & Gerome LLP can help you recover compensation for your losses and ensure that you receive the benefits you deserve.
What if the Hotel Asks Me to Sign Something After My Accident?
Once you’ve seen a doctor and received confirmation that you have compensable injuries, you may be approached by the hotel, their insurer, and/or the latter’s counsel. They will ask how you are doing and, in cases where liability appears to be clear-cut, may ask you to sign a confidential settlement agreement.
While medical bills and lost income may have you concerned about money, don’t sign anything until you’ve had the chance to speak to a hotel accident lawyer in LA. When an insurer makes an offer, it’s rarely their best one, and you deserve a settlement that compensates you for medical bills, lost income, decreased earning ability, pain and suffering, and other damages that apply to your case. For this outcome, you need a Los Angeles hotel accident injury lawyer who is prepared to go to the limit for you.
Get a Free Consultation With a Los Angeles Hotel Accident Injury Lawyer
When you are injured as a result of a hotel’s negligence in maintaining a room, lobby, parking lot, pool, or another area on their property, you are entitled to compensation. At the Los Angeles personal injury law firm of Moaddel Kremer & Gerome LLP, we know hotel injuries can be life-altering and are prepared to vigorously fight for the rights of the injured.
We offer free consultations and do not charge you upfront. We only get paid if we win, so there is no risk to you at all, and your right to full and fair compensation for your injuries will always be our top priority. Get in touch with our law office today to find out how we can help.